Thinking of donating your old sewing machine to
The Sewing Machine Project®?
We are currently accepting the following sewing machine brands for donation:
Please ensure that your machine meets the following guidelines:
- Is your machine in excellent working order?
- Does your machine have a manual?
- Is your machine portable? i.e. is it made to sit on a table easily and is not made to be in a cabinet?
- Does your machine weigh less than 30 pounds?
- Is your machine “cam-less”? That is, is it a model that doesn’t use cams for decorative stitches?
- If your machine is a serger, it needs to be at least a 4 thread and have dual feed
Please ensure that your machine has the following parts included:
Slide on Table
Any feet or accessories that originally came with the machine
If your answer to all of these is yes—thank you! We would be happy to accept your machine!
When you donate any machine, please consider making a financial donation as well. A $40 donation, accompanying a machine would pay for its packing materials and transport.
You may drop off your working sewing machine at any of the following locations:
If you live outside of these areas and wish to ship your working sewing machine, please package it carefully (double boxing with plenty of padding) and send it to:
The Sewing Machine Project
112 Owen Road Box 6245
Monona, WI 53716
Thank you so much!!
Thank you so much for your kind donations!