Thinking of donating your old sewing machine to The Sewing Machine Project®?
Please ensure that your machine meets the following guidelines:
- Is your machine in excellent working order?
- Does your machine have all of its parts to ensure it works properly?
- Does your machine have a manual?
- Is your machine portable? i.e. is it made to sit on a table easily and is not made to be in a cabinet?
- Does your machine weigh less than 30 pounds?
- Is your machine “cam-less”? That is, is it a model that doesn’t use cams for decorative stitches?
- Is your machine model NOT a Singer Touch and Sew?
- If donating a serger/overlocker, is your machine a 4 thread or more and does it have dual feed?
If your answer to all of these is yes—thank you! We would be happy to accept your machine!
When you donate any machine, please consider making a financial donation as well. A $40 donation, accompanying a machine would pay for its packing materials and transport.
You may drop off your working sewing machine at any of the following locations:
If you live outside of these areas and wish to ship your working sewing machine, please package it carefully (double boxing with plenty of padding) and send it to:
The Sewing Machine Project
112 Owen Road Box 6245
Monona, WI 53716
Thank you so much!!
Thank you so much for your kind donations!