Oh my goodness! We’re so glad you’re here!!
There are many costs to running a non-profit. Some of the more obvious ones for The Sewing Machine Project® are the costs of: packing and shipping machines, offering local classes, (including paying a teacher and buying supplies) and paying local technicians for minor repairs. Some of our additional and less obvious costs include software to keep track of and thank donors, software to make sure we have volunteers to cover assignments and keep track of their preferences, costs to keep everyone up to date on our progress through online and snail mail updates and up-to-date brochures, newsletters, thank-you notes, labels and business cards. These are all pieces of what we do.
To give you an idea here are a few specific costs:
- $40 covers packing materials and shipping costs to ship one machine within the U.S.;
- $50 covers the cost of sewing kits and classroom supplies for one 6-week class.
- $100 will cover machine repairs when necessary;
- $350 will cover the cost of an instructor to teach one 6-week local class;
- $500 will send 30 machines to a community in need within the United States.
Please consider giving at one of these levels noted above. In return for your donation (which is tax deductible) you will receive a letter of thanks, which serves as your receipt. You may donate online (use the form on this page) or write a check payable to The Sewing Machine Project® and send it to:
The Sewing Machine Project
PO Box 6245
Monona, WI 53716
If you are a Thrivent Choice member, you can make a donation using your Thrivent Choice dollars. The Sewing Machine Project is in the catalog of approved organizations to accept Thrivent Choice dollars.
See instructions at the bottom of this page.
Forget Me Not Giving Program
Our Forget Me Not program offers the opportunity to honor a beloved stitcher with your donation. Be sure to note your honoree when making your donation and we’ll be sure to add them to the Forget Me Not honor roll!
Thank you so much for your donation!
Are YOU a Thrivent Member?
Consider using your Thrivent Choice Dollars to make a donation!
- Go to www.thrivent.com
- Log into My Thrivent
- Under your name, click on Membership Overview
- Scroll down to Thrivent Choice & click on Direct Choice Dollars
- In the box indicating, “Direct to a new organization” write: The Sewing Machine Project Inc, Monona, WI
- You will then be able to direct the amount of choice dollars that you choose
- If you have any further questions, please contact your Thrivent representative.